Monday, June 12, 2017

I did a 3 day juice cleanse with Little Pep | Food / Lifestyle


Whether you have IBD or not, a juice cleanse is a good idea. After suffering for a good month or so with symptom after symptom and looking around 6 months pregnant, I had had enough. I normally strip back my food intake and go minimal and plain with a large smoothie for breakfast or dinner, but this time I felt like I needed to do something a bit more intense and full on. Enter Little Pep

After a good friend recommended that I give this a go, I contacted Sherry at Little Pep straight away. I firstly wanted to see whether or not something like her 3 day cleanse could be completed even with my silly allergies to a lot of things. She was so accommodating and jiggled around some of her juices to suit me. For example, the ginger shot you have to take to start the day normally has a base of apple, so she swapped that for pineapple for me. 


Day 1 - I collected my juices first thing in the morning and had a bit of a chat with Sherry where she went through the possible side affects, and also what to do and what not to do. Feeling pumped and ready to go I was more excited than anything. All of the juices tasted amazing (honestly they really did) and even the ginger shot was enjoyable and really does give you a kick. 

Because I'm a late eater, I decided to move the times to an hour later than originally planned which I was given the ok to do. My juice times were as follows:

7am - 1 pint of water

10:50am - Ginger shot 

11am - Juice 1 

2pm - Juice 2

5pm - Juice 3 

8pm - Juice 4



Day 2 - Pass The Parsnip was my favourite of all the juices with parsnip, honeydew melon, pineapple and more, I was in my element. Sherry had warned me that people struggle with day two but I think because I enjoyed the morning juice somuch, I looked forward to the day ahead. 

In terms of side effects I definitely started to experience signs of fatigue and had an on-off headache. These are very common symptoms in people doing a juice cleanse so I wasn't too concerned.  I also started to get itchy feet at about 9pm as I have such a sweet tooth, so I made a camomile tea with a teaspoon of maple. And before anyone says anything it was on the sheet so I was allowed it (sticks tongue out like a child). 


Day 3 - The last day of my cleanse was officially the start to my holiday. I struggled with a capital S for many reasons. The first two of the day of course tasted delicious, but by 5pm I had finished work and the excitement had kicked in. When I got home Tony had made a pizza to take for the journey and to eat at the hotel. The smell of dough and vegetables was just so intense and my gut was longing for it (of course I couldn't have eaten it because it had cheese on it) but it smelt amazing. 

I thrive off limitations and challenging myself which is why I knew I could get through a 3 day juice cleanse. Even though I wanted a pizza I resisted temptation, and when everyone was celebrating the start of the holiday with a gin and tonic, I had a herbal tea. 




The day after - In a way the juice cleanse continues for an extra day. You're advised to stick with raw food the day after, so things like fruit and salads. Cooked food straight after a cleanse like this can make your stomach really unhappy. I found this really easy as I had landed in Spain and was surrounded by fresh delicious fruits and veggies ('What I ate in Spain' vlog is going live on Sunday). 

Overall I loved doing this. I did feel fresh, light and my stomach felt so calm compared to how it had been over the past few weeks. In a way, I find that liquid meals help my body and digestive system to restart. It was exactly what I needed before my holiday, as getting into a bikini with flare stomach isn't really what I wanted to rock. 

If you ever come down to South Kent I urge you to head over to Sherry at Little Pep on Herne Bay Pier. She doesn't just offer excellent service with her juices, but also offers nutritious lunches, snacks and more. 

I'd love to know whether or not you've done a juice or smoothie cleanse before, how you found it and also whether or not I've helped inspire you to give it a go and get those nutrients in. 

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. This has made me want to give it a go again as I made all my juices myself but the idea of them being prepared for you sounds so much easier. Maybe I can last the 3 days then ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to give it a go myself and make them but don't have a juicer. Pulp puts me off so much so getting them prepared from someone is so helpful, defo give it a go again xx

      Delete
  2. I'd love to give this a go! But with me having such a high metabolism I have to eat down thing every 2 hours or I get really tired and weak :( still would like to try a good smoothie!

    Isobel x

    New post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/fashion-unicorn-believer.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelceline
    New Video: https://youtu.be/9WQLHhykfP4
    Bloglovin : https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow really?? I love a good smoothie. If you want I can share the ones I reach for frequently that are high protein? xo

      Delete