Sunday, June 18, 2017

Dreamland launch on a beaut day in Margate | Lifestyle


The weather couldn't have been more perfect for the re-launch of Dreamland Margate. After having money pumped in and reopened last year (and I did a blog post here), the theme park has had even more funding to make it even more amazing. And I have to say, I was really taken back when I walked through the entrance as to how incredible this place had become.

Myself and Siobhan attended the evening as press and were kindly given drinks tokens, food tokens and a ride wristband for us to be able to experience everything on offer and share with you guys. Every now and again I had to remind myself that I was in Margate as I often found myself drift into a state that I find myself in when at a festival or abroad. The atmosphere was fun, safe and exciting with bright colours and performance artists everywhere. So here's a few pictures I took from the re-launch and defo go and watch Siobhans video


As well as the attractions and eye catching installations that were there last year, there were even more bright and fun things to see and do. Performance artists were greeting you at the entrance and moving around the park on micro scooters. It just added to the overall feel and helped the environment to remain buzzing. 



Artist Tracey Emin turned the new Dreamland sign on and once inside the oldest surviving theme park in country, even more quirky signs and large letters were spread around the site which are all so Instagram worthy. We both found ourselves snapping every few steps and constantly stopping to get that gram candid shot. 



Now on to a topic I'm super passionate about........food. In terms of free from and vegan food etc, there were two huts to actually advertise those diet requirements. All of the other foods I found to be fast food and meat orientated, like fish and chips, hot dogs etc. This next comment isn't just aimed at Dreamland but most places like this. Even though there's a boom in the healthy food industry and everyone and their mum has an allergy or has some sort of requirement, so you'd think there would be a wide range of different types of food in these places. I was happy to see one hut displaying what is classed as healthy food and then a candy floss hut which was freeform as you know, it's just sugar. 




I had even more fun this time round in comparison to last year. Having visited this theme park since I was so young and spent hours going back and forth from the Skymaster to the Waltzers, it was fantastic to experience the park again. BTW local peeps, who remembers Skymaster? Loved that ride!

Something that Dreamland has brought in this time thats a new edition is the capacity to hold live music events. Bands such as The Gorillaz have already played there which was a sell out. I'm yet to experience this quality that Dreamland has, but it's something I'll definitely do when the right band is there. 



Justauniform , Jaide Poppy and Peony Vintage


As the sun set on what was a day filled with laughter, drinks, being tapped by papers and interviewed by the BBC I felt so happy that somewhere like Dreamland had been given some TLC. This is exactly what it's needed and I urge you all to head down during the summer for a fun filled day or weekend away. Obv let me know if you go and holla at me on twitter or insta and we could meet up!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I remember all your insta stories from this day! You looked like you had SO much fun girl!

    Isobel x

    New post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/fashion-nothing.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelceline
    New Video: https://youtu.be/X8EHz6Q4Xqk
    Bloglovin : https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly the best place to spend a day in the South East! xo

      Delete