Monday, April 6, 2015

Late on the bandwagon: Maybelline Colour Tattoo



I've held off on buying some of these Maybelline Colour Tattoo eye creams as I had heard so many mixed thoughts on them which made me more and more hesitant about giving them a go. This changed when I was in Boots a while ago and noticed the three for two deal and nothing else really took my fancy so thought I'd take the risk and grab a couple to try out. 

To start off I am so impressed with the staying power of these bad boys. On my skin these guys stick around. I wouldn't say it's for the 24 hours that it states in the name however an awfully long time. Even trying to take off my swatch in Boots took a while and had to completely remove it with my trusty steed Clarins make up remover when I got home. 

The low down: I went for the shades Metallic Pomegranate and Permanent Taupe and will be going back for more. The shade Permanent Taupe is such a wearable everyday shade and looks great on its own or will a little darker shade popped into the crease. The Metallic Pomegranate on the other hand is my favourite of the two and love wearing it on its own. I used a MAC 217 to blend out the edge and it looked great. I found that it took a little while to completely blend it out but the finished result was just what I like from a red eye make up look. Like I said the staying power is great, especially perfect for a night out as sweat won't even budge them. I noticed a bit of creasing when using the cream without a primer so this is something I'm currently experimenting with several primers. 

Overall I was pretty chuffed with these little guys and will most certainly be having another look in Boots on the next three for two as I love the look of the And On Bronze shade.

Much love!
xoxo 

5 comments:

  1. Great review - I have heard so much about them too
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me????? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah they are great to have in your collection xo

      Delete
  2. I'm even later! I've not even tried these yet!
    They look sooo good though I definitely need too.
    Love your blog btw- I've followed on Bloglovin :)
    xx
    www.adrugstoreaddiction.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the brown one :)

    I'm running a GHD eclipse giveaway, if you're interested, check this link:
    little taste of heaven

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so good! You need to pick up the leather effect ones as they're such great matte colour! It's very hard to find good matte cream shadows I find.

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete