Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Keeping your face simple



Limiting yourself to only a handful of products might be something that some would shudder at the thought of. This however is what I will be doing every day during the week to keep a fresh natural, easy and fast spring look. I don't like too much fuss at this time of the year but at weekends the lip colour of choice will change to more of a bold lip, and if out in the evening maybe a little shadow.

1- Primer- There might be a gasp from a few of you but the primer of choice right now is the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer. This seems to work a bit better than the Benefit Porefessional on my skin with regards to working with oil and greasy through the day. It feels a bit lighter and slightly invisible, like you've not put anything on.

2- Base- I currently have 3 favourite natural looking bases that I'm really enjoying at the moment and will come as no shock to those of you who follow me on Instagram. I will be rotating the following, Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hourBourjois Healthy mixLaura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser, all of which provide my skin with a radiant and fresh look which stays around for the entire day.

3- Brows- Personally this is one of my most vital steps hen getting ready and spend the majority of my time on them in the mornings. The top brow contender for me is still the Soap and Glory Archery. It manages to really sort out my patchy brows and make them look big, delicate, natural and defined. I use the brush end to brush through before I start penciling and also after as it really helps to get the coverage even.

4- Mascara- Right now I'm reaching for Benefits They're Real on a daily basis simply because I don't need to curl my lashes before applying it which is an insane thing for me as I have the most stubborn (cow like) lashes going. This mascara some how curls my lashes at the same time as applying the product and holds them for the entire day or whenever I wear it. I use about 3 coats to make them really full and long but honestly, I am so so impressed with this.

5- Lips- Nude all the way for me and a lip product I've been using to get this look is the Maybelline Colour Drama in Nude Perfection. As a big fan of these anyway I knew what I was getting (formula wise) and the fact that they can stick around for a while through food and drink. The shade is a great match for my skin tone and feel it would be great for a lot of skin tones. I find it hard to get a nude that looks good and I can safely say I've now found one.

Is cutting down to 5 products something you have done or would like to try out?

Happy hump day!
xoxo


2 comments: